Friday, December 5, 2008

Matching Hat for Shree


I've been slowly getting rid of stuff and packing up to move, and that includes using up the excess yarn I have around. When I got home from visiting Shree, I realized I might have enough yarn leftover to make a hat similar to the life aquatic hat I had just finished, so I figured I'd try it and see how far I got. Well, it turns out I had plenty leftover, and was able to finish the hat without a problem. I didn't want to add the same stoplight design, but the hat needed some flourish, so after I did the crab stitch around the edge, I figured a little flower would look cute, so I used some extra yarn I had to make pink and purple flowers, and I think it turned out pretty well. I mailed it to Shree, and hopefully she likes it, though I told her she could take the flowers off if she wanted. It was meant to match the scarf I had already made for her.

To make the flowers, just cast on 42 sts,
R1: k
R2: k2, *k1, transfer the stitch to the left needle and pass the next 5 sts over the stitch, then knit the stitch again, k2* repeat from * to end.
R3 & 5: P
R4 & 6: k1, *k2tog to end
R7: break yarn and run tail through remaining sts, and sew up the side of the flower.

No comments: