Monday, July 14, 2008

Newsies hat

I wanted a Newsies hat!
And at first I found a pattern online, and got a yarn with the same gauge, knitted the whole hat, tried it on, and the yarn was apparently too thick because it turned out looking more like a fez, or more likely, a dunce cap. I found a post on someones blog where they used the Stitch and Bitch Nation pattern, and it turned out rather cute. So I bought the book, and found a yarn among my collection that could work, and this hat turned out a lot better. Instead of the stockinette stitch panels that run up the hat, i decided I'd use my stitch library, and found a lace pattern so I could wear it in summertime. Its not perfect, but it turned out pretty well. I made it with Red Heart Soft Yarn (which actually is soft) in Off White. I'll probably end up making more in other colors.

4 comments:

Jane said...

This looks great, one of the best hats I've seen

Anonymous said...

Very cute:) I was looking for a crochet pattern when I came upon your blog:)

D Ragsdale said...

I love your hat and want to make one for my daughter, like your white one. I am having trouble finding a lace pattern that fits and was wondering if you could tell me the lace pattern or stitch that you used.

Thanks

Ariel Barbre said...

Always glad to help a fellow knitter. The lace pattern I used is called "lattice" its just a simple repeat of k2tog, yo. You can even make the lattice go the other direction by yo, k2tog. It didn't exactly fit, but because it was only a 2 stitch repeat, it made it easier to decrease in the pattern. I hope this helps!