Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shree's Purple Antler Cable Scarf


I stayed with Shree while I interviewed in DC, and since its getting cold and shes being such a gracious host and friend (and 'cuz i just plain love her) I made her a classy scarf. She requested dark purple, and I chose Vanna's Choice in Purple:
and used size 10 needles. The cable pattern is an antler cable that I found in my Super Stitches Knitting
book. I used a little over one skein and then I bordered it using the crab stitch and Bernat's Boa
in Parrot that I bought years ago with no particular project in mind. I never really like how the selvages on the ends turn out, so I typically like to add a crab stitch or garter stitch border. Its all machine wash and dryable. I'm hoping Shree gets plenty of use out of it!

1 comment:

realist said...

Hey Ariel - Are you getting money for the books and products you list on your blog? You can, you know, receive a small percentage of every purchase made that links from your blog. Email me if you want more info.
TVinc1988@gmail.com - Tish