Sunday, June 28, 2009

Eco Friendly Shrug


I like wearing shirts with longer sleeves than usual. Thus, we must find a knitted solution. I went through just about every shrug pattern out there to find one I liked. Soon enough, I figured out that I would have to find one that kind of worked, and figure out how they're made, then make my own pattern. This is the result: I found a pattern that worked pretty well. Go figure, the pattern, like my sense of fashion, is 50 years old: I found the picture and the pattern at www.freevintageknitting.com.
When I went looking for what yarn I was going to use to make it, I came across the Caron Simply Soft Eco in Black. This yarn is soft, mostly acrylic, and is 20% made from recycled plastic bottles! I'm wearing plastic bottles! Now the more I recycle plastic bottles, the more recycled yarn I'll get - its a win-win. Now onto designing my own; I already have it in my head, just need to find the time to make it.

1 comment:

realist said...

Lovely.

Pretty shrug and I love your process.

Tish