Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Denim" Newsies hat


This was my second try on the Newsies hat, I wanted a hat that went with my darker clothes, and thought this "denim" yarn would do the trick. It being the second time I made the pattern, I knew where to change the pattern to make it look the way I wanted. You can't see the cables as much with this yarn, so I didn't bother putting any sort of design on the stockinette panels. I again used the pattern from Stitch n Bitch Nation Bernat's denimstyle yarn in Jordache. The brim is made with plastic mesh, and since I happened to have a whole sheet leftover from an embroidery type project from long ago, I went ahead and cut it into brims, so now I seem to have committed myself to making about 5 more. I made one for Genie, one for Louann, and now Andrew and Kara want one, I'm running out fast!

No comments: