Monday, March 9, 2009

Fishy towel


I know you've been dying to know why there are so many cross-stitch and embroidery projects on what I've labeled my knitting blog, but here's the answer! I ran into a friend, Susan, at a local Mexican food restaurant in town, and we decided to get together. Several years ago, I had gotten her a small cross-stitch kit because she wanted to learn. Three years, later, she's still working on it, and she likes to have stitch n' bitches, so I got out some of my old kits and am going through finishing them in the evenings (no more homework with the internship!). She and I had an evening out - that's where we go out and get something to eat, then spend some time walking around the cross-stitch section of the local craft store. While we were there, she found several kits that i pressured her into buying, while I didn't find anything, until I saw the fishies. I thought they were so cute, so I begrudgingly bought a new one (with the boxes of the ones at home, eek!). I changed some of the colors ; like the coral fish was supposed to be red, but it seems I think I have better taste than the designer, but it looks better, so i guess I do. It only took me about a week to finish, and now i'm nearly done with the next one. Time for Susan to catch up!

No comments: