My brother (who has been featured in this blog before) has recently purchased and moved into his own house. While I was chatting with him about it, he mentioned he needed potholders. (Though it could just be that he was making cookies at the time.) I pulled out some cotton yarn I've had for a while and invented the pattern as I went, and I think it turned out quite well. I then had the rest of the yarn left, so I made a washcloth/potholder with the rest. I decided to take advantage of the self-striping to accentuate the pattern, worked from corner to corner. Both patterns available on Ravelry here. Made with Bernat Handicrafter cotton stripes in "pinky stripes" and size 7 Kollage Yarn square needles. I decided pink would be ok for my brother because I know he's manly enough to be pretty in pink.