Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Poseidon Socks



I always thought that knitting socks was a little pointless, no one ever sees them, and you're more likely to wear through them quicker, then I found a sale on fingering yarn at knitpicks.com and bought some! My stitch n' bitch calendar has "sock of the month" patterns and one pattern was too pretty to pass up, then I lost a page of it and didn't know how to make socks, so I found a pattern online for Poseidon socks. I used purple instead, and I really liked the way they turned out. The pattern calls for a block of stockinette stitches at the beginning of the round, but I just added a few stitches and made it so that the patter continued all the way around. Lucky for me, I ordered enough yarn and can now make another pair in burgundy, and now that I know how to "wrap & turn" for the toe and heel, I'll be able to figure out my own pattern!

No comments: