Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mom's Cotton Sweater is Finally Done!


If you keep up with my blog, you know I started a cotton sweater for my mom several months ago. Mixed with other projects, I steadily have been working on it ever since, knitting, blocking, sewing etc. Well, its finally done, and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

It took mom a while to choose the pattern, the yarn and everything. She chose the Peacock Plumes Cardigan and Berroco's Cotton Twist, variegated in Tie Die. I don't typically work with high end yarns, but this yarn was very nice to work with, it slid along the needles quite well and feels very nice for being a cotton yarn. The variegated strand in it makes it shinier, though the strand sometimes gets separated or gets caught on my nails as i'm knitting, but is well worth the special care.

Mom wanted 3/4 sleeves, so I just started the sleeves as usual and finished when they were about 17 inches long when slightly stretched. This way the ends of the loose sleeves wont get in the way. Its all knit flat on size 8 circular needles. Its a pretty easy pattern once you get the hang of the lace, and pretty forgiving.

No comments: