Thursday, November 6, 2008

DNA Scarf for Evan



I was flipping through my stitchionary, and found a pattern that looked a bit like DNA. I changed it so it looked more like DNA, and made it into a scarf for my brother. He is getting his masters in some biological-type engineering-esque major, last I heard it was Tissue Engineering. He's working near San Fransisco and needed a classy scarf to battle the NorCal fog. I used 1 skein of Hobby Lobby's "I Love this Yarn" in Royal.

I added a selvage stitch to each end and when the scarf was done, went through and made a garter stitch border because the cable pattern tends to roll. When it was all done, I blocked it so it would stay flat, it still doesn't lay completely flat.
I have a PDF of the pattern if you'd like a copy, just email me!

No comments: